The Do’s & Don'ts of your SeaSucker Rack
- Clean the vacuum pads and the car before attaching your rack.
- Do the recommended maintenance on the rack, as needed.
- Make sure the orange indicator bands are not visible before you leave.
- Check that your bike is secure in the fork mount.
- Mount bikes backwards, sideways, or at an angle.
- Use your rack if any of the vacuum mounts are not working properly.
- Attach your rack to part of the car that flexes easily.
- Attach the rack over decals or on a wrapped vehicle.
So how does the SeaSucker vacuum mount work?
A SeaSucker vacuum mount relies on two important components to create its powerful seal: the vacuum pad and the vacuum pump.
The vacuum pump evacuates all of the air out from underneath the vacuum pad, which forms the seal. Working together, these two pieces give the SeaSucker vacuum mount its incredible strength.
To attach, apply a little downward pressure to ensure that the entire edge of the mount is touching the surface. Then, simply press the pump repeatedly until the orange indicator band completely disappears.
To remove, lift the edge of the vacuum pad away from the surface by pulling either of the tabs on the top of the vacuum pad up and towards the center of the vacuum mount. You’re really just trying to lift the edge of the vacuum pad up off the mounting surface, which breaks the seal and lets you remove your rack.